Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My First Days as an SCA Intern

My first day as an SCA Intern at Bryce Canyon National Park consisted of just meeting everyone in the building and also getting a personal tour around the park to learn the inner workings of each department. The office is about a 10 minute walk through the woods from my apartment, which is kind of nice.

My second day has been much more tiring. The morning consisted of 2, 2 hour meetings. Then, in the afternoon, I assisted the physical scientist in collecting air and precipitation quality data. Pretty neat stuff. Then we took a ride out to "the dump," which is named that for reasons I'm not really sure about, but I'll find out. It's really just a huge canyon. She was surveying to see possible routes for bike trails, planned to be installed in 2014. We hiked all along the rim and just checked things out, discussing plans and contracts.

Now I'm in the Bryce Canyon Lodge blogging, extremely exhausted, and about to go hike Navajo Trail for the first time with Ben. We'll see if I make it.

2 comments:

  1. WILL!!!!!! I am incredibly jealous of your adventures and sooooooooo excited for you... what a trip! and what an exciting future!! I am dying to see Utah and where you are working. I'm also dying to go on a transcontinental roadtrip now haha.... seems like it was a blast. I'm so glad you have a blog. I'm awaiting pictures of Utah! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too....my favorite son!!!! I am very happy that you are seeing this beautiful country at a young age.. I had to wait til I was middle age!!! Enjoy your experience!!!I love you, MOM and Larry send his love.

    ReplyDelete