Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wintery Time Travel

It's been too long since my last post and I sincerely apologize to all of my readers. This winter season has absolutely blown by, and it's still not over! There were so many amazing times with incredible people, that it's hard to keep track of it all. Between work and play I haven't had a moment to sit down and write, and now it's already April 15th; all of the mountains are closed except for Highlands, all of the tourists are gone, and Ajax Tavern has closed down for the off season. It's hard to remember everything that happened this season, so here are a few highlights...

October 1st, 2010: It feels like just yesterday.....Ben & I were driving through stands of golden aspen trees in late September, high on mountain air and excited to finally be arriving in Aspen. We took full advantage of arriving in the off-season....frisbee games in the crisp Autumn air, longboarding through the farmer's market, exploring our new town in it's true state....it was a spectacular introduction to a great town.

November 24th, 2010: My first day back on skis since early April, and my first day ever skiing on Aspen Mountain, was a powdery one. I was by myself staring at 13 inches of fresh and I had no idea where I should, or even could, go. Made a couple of mistakes here and there (like having to blaze trail through a 150 yard traverse in 13 inches of snow; man, that sucked), but it was still a stellar way to start off the season.

December 31, 2010: New Year's Eve in Aspen was a forgettable one. Entirely too much to drink and -26 degree weather.....ouch!

January-March, 2011: Party, work, ski, repeat. X-Games, Parties, Powder days....the fun just never stopped!!!



April 14th, 2011: Highlands Bowl is STILL as powdery as ever!!!!


We're a short 8 days away from the end of Aspen's ski season and it's so hard to believe. Highland's closing day is April 24th and could be the party of the year!!! Here's to winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment