Monday, May 18, 2009

First Post!

Hi Everybody!

So if you don't already know, I'm moving out to Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah to work as a Resource Conservation Management Intern for the whole summer. Since graduation and working with PURC in February, it's taken me almost 3 months of waiting and applying to find something that I'm truly excited to be a part of....and this is it. "When it's right, it's right," my Dad kept telling me. This feels so right it gives me goosebumps and an ear to ear smile on my face. The wind has finally picked up, and I'm raising my sails and goin where the wind takes me...it's taking me out west! (that was for your Dr. Berg)

My friend, Ben and I are taking 7 days to drive out to Bryce and I'm going to do my best to keep making posts throughout the trip when it's his turn to drive.

We leave on Saturday, the 23rd, to meet up with a good buddy and an outdoor group (Outdoor Adventure Recreation, OAR) that I was pretty active with in college to camp out for a couple of nights and raft the Ocoee near Chattanooga, TN! (If anyone hasn't had the opportunity to raft some white water, do yourself a favor and do it ASAP! What a rush!)

Then, from there, we're driving through St. Louis, Kansas City, and the whole state of Kansas to hopefully make it to Denver in 1.5 days of driving and some sight seeing. We're planning to go to the top of the Gateway arch and hit as many restaurants on the "drive-ins, diners, and dives" list as we can! I'm hoping not to see anything exciting in Kansas, because I fear that the most exciting things that happen there involve tornadoes (haha). Hopefully the Nuggets will still be in the playoffs by the time we get to Denver!! We'll probably stay there for a few nights with another buddy of mine from Birthright back in '06! Gotta love old friends!

Then we plan to get to Bryce on Saturday, the 30th with enough time to get acquainted with the park and settle into my new place. The park service is putting me up in an apartment for free! I have one roommate, his name is Alan. I don't know very much about him yet, but he seems cool.

If anyone wants to plan a visit, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or phone call!

This is the start of something special...

Until next time, I'll leave you all with a quote i read recently...

"If you take care of the person on your left and you take care of the person on your right, the person that benefits the most is the person in the middle."

3 comments:

  1. Very good to hear my friend! Good luck with everything, can't wait to hear from you again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so very much.....want only your happiness. Enjoy every moment....those moments last forever! BE CAREFUL!!!!
    your MOM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Will,
    Love your blog, funny and terrific adventures, I'm jealous, have fun, take good care, love you , Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete